KIM DAE JUNG
( Nobel price of peace 2000 )
send to all Belgian veterans
25th. June 2000
To cdt retr.Dillen Jan
On the occasion of the 50th. anniversary of the start of the Korean war, I want to express my profound gratitude for your noble contribution to the defense of the republic of Korea and for the efforts that you have accomplished to preserve democracy and freedom throughout the world. At the same time, I want to render a respectful and affectional homage to those who sacrificed their life for these invaluable valor's.
We Koreans remember the forceful conviction, the courage and the sacrifices shown by so that we could remain a free and democratic.
To day, the ideals of democracy for which you made the sacrifice so generously fifty years ago, have become universal values with the beginning of a new millennium.
Half a century after the Korean War, we want to honor you and confirm anew the friendship and alliance between both our countries, an alliance consolidated by the blood that was shed. Today we are more than ever decided to work with determination, together with the friendly nations, for the good of Humanity and Peace throughout the world.
I thank you once more for your noble and generous spirit of sacrifices and wish you from the bottom of my heart health and happiness for you and your family.
President of the Republic of Korea
An exceptionally nice gesture
Brussels 7 November 2013: visit of the Korean president at the monument of the fallen Belgian volunteers during the Korean war 1951-1953-1955
The South Korean President arrived direct from the airport in Belgium. She put flowers down to the monument, greeted each of the 20 old volunteers personally and spoke to them again to thank them for their voluntary commitment they showed for the freedom to preserve the peace in South Korea. An exceptionally nice gesture!!
The military attaché of South Korea in Belgium
ㅇ Date of Birth: 10th February 1966
- Mar. 1989: ROK Naval Academy
- Dec. 1996: National Defense College(Master degree of Defense Management)
- Jul. 2001: French Staff College
- Jul. 2008: Belgium War College Higher Staff Course(Post master of Pol/Mil)
ㅇ Military Assignment
- Aug. 2012: Defense Attaché to Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg
- 2011: Chief of Policy Planning Branch, ROK-US Combined Forces Command HQ
- 2010: Chief of Manpower Management Branch, ROK Navy HQ
- 2009: Commanding Officer of ROKS LST-681
- 2006: Commander of Navy Radar Surveillance Base 291
- 2005: Action Officer of Manpower Management Division, ROK Navy HQ
- ROK-US Combined Forces Command Army Commendation Medal(2012)
- ROK Chief of Joint Staff Award(2011)
- ROK Chief of Naval Operations Award(2007)
ㅇ Family: Wife(KWON, Sung Ah), Daughter(HAN Je Young)
ㅇ Interests: Golf, Climbing
On November 11the our national president Raymond Behr had the great honor to have been presented to our King Philip , who forfill his national service as para commando at the 3the battalion Para at Tielen (Antwerp) wearing the red beret with the badge of the Belgian Korean battalion